The Chemistry minor provides students with a solid foundation in the fundamentals of chemical science.
Admission to the Minor
To declare the Chemistry minor, students must 1) have earned a grade of C or better in all completed 100- or 200-level chemistry courses and 2) have completed or be currently enrolled in CHEM251.
To receive the Chemistry Minor, students must complete all of the following required courses. A grade of C or better in all 100- and 200- is required to count towards the minor:
- General Chemistry I & II (CHEM141 & CHEM142)* OR Principles of Chemistry I & II (CHEM143 & CHEM144)*
- Introductory Chemistry Laboratory (CHEM152)*
- Principles of Organic Chemistry I & II (CHEM251 & CHEM252)
- Intermediate Chemistry Laboratory (CHEM257)
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory (CHEM258)
- Chemistry Symposia I OR II (CHEM521 OR CHEM522)
- One 300 level course taught by the Chemistry Department
Or equivalent pre-matriculation credits.